Last Updated: August 7, 2019
Insightful Science, LLC (hereafter also referred to as “Insightful Science” “we” and “us”) and its affiliates operate websites, provide products and services through mobile and other applications, and develop software.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, and includes other information that may be associated with personal information. When you interact with our sites and services, depending on the site or service, we may collect the following personal information directly from you:
- Account or Registration Information where needed to use our sites and services, and may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, birthday, user account name, and password;
- Contact Information, which generally includes your name, addresses, email addresses, and/or telephone numbers;
- Payment Information where needed to process payments and generally includes your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number;
In each of the above instances, you will know what personal information we collect through our sites and services because you voluntarily and directly provide it to us.Other Information We Automatically Collect through Cookies and Other Technologies
We or our third-party service providers may collect and store certain information when you use our sites and services. For example, our servers receive and automatically collect information about your computer and browser, including, for instance, your IP address, browser type, domain name from which you accessed the site or service, device size and other software or hardware information. If you access our sites and services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (UDID), type of device, general GPS location, or other transactional information for that device in order to serve content to it and to improve your experience in using the sites or services.
In addition, we or our third-party service providers may collect information about how you use of our sites, including but not limited to, the date and time you visit the sites, the areas or pages of the sites that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the sites, the number of times you return to the sites, visits to sites outside our network, preferred language, and other click-stream data. This also refers to usage data regarding your activity during your use of the Service(s) including, but not limited to, session duration, time between sessions, searches made during a session, actions taken, log in time, log out time, and other behavioral data (collectively, “Usage Information”).
We may also collect the information provided in your feedback, questions, information provided when you interact with our technical support representatives. Your conversations with our technical support representatives may be recorded and monitored to improve our service, troubleshoot and protect against errors, and process and resolve your complaints or questions. We may also collect and use any files that you send to us for troubleshooting in order to improve our Service.Cookies
The Service is not presently configured to support Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from web browsers.How We Use Personal Information
Personal Information that You Provide to Us
We may use the personal information that you provide in one or more of the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your purchase of, or subscription to, our services or any other contract entered into between you and us;
- to enable site features such as geographically specific pricing or logging, and retrieving and providing analysis of data;
- o send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and our sites' and services' terms, conditions, or policies;
- to process payments and to send you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, alerting you if we need different or updated payment card information or other communications in connection with processing and collecting payments;
- to solicit input and feedback to improve our sites and services and customize your user experience;
- to contact you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law;
- to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and service bulletins;
- to inform you about new products or promotional offers, or other opportunities which we feel will be of interest to you, and to provide advertisements to you through our sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- to provide customer service and technical support;
- or for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal information that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.Other Information We Automatically Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies
We may use information collected from you through cookies and other tracking technologies in one or more of the following ways:
- to remember you when you return to our sites;
- to understand and analyze trends, to monitor usage, and learn about user behavior;
- to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- to customize ads, content, or offers on our sites and services;
- and to conduct market research and measurement in order to improve our sites, content, and services and to make our sites, content, and services more useful for users.
Insightful Science must cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. In the event of a claim and/or legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Insightful Science or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to pose a risk of being illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable, we reserve the right to disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we in our sole discretion find necessary or appropriate.Business Transfers
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our sites and services.International Users
We are headquartered in the United States. Our sites and services are hosted
and administrated in the
United States or hosted with cloud service providers who are headquartered in the United States. If
you are located outside the United States, be aware that information you provide to us or that we
obtain as a result of your use of our sites and services may be processed in, transferred to, and
stored in the United States and will be subject to United States law. The privacy and data
protection laws of the United States may be different from the laws of your country of
By using our sites and services or providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States for processing and storage.
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your personal information with third parties. If you reside in California and you have provided us with your personal information, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by INSIGHTFUL SCIENCE pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email at email@example.com. Please allow at least 30 days for a response.EU Privacy Rights
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION ONLY. Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- request access to your personal information;
- request correction of your personal information;
- request erasure of your personal information;
- object to processing of your personal information;
- request restriction of processing your personal information;
- request transfer of your personal information;
- and withdraw your consent.
In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you no longer want Insightful Science to use your information to provide you services, you may close your account. In some instances, we will delete or anonymize the information you provide to us after it is no longer needed. We also keep information about you and your use of the Service for long as it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, legal reasons (e.g., legal requirements to keep data), and to prevent harm to Insightful Science and/or its users, but we shall not keep your Personal Information for more than 7 years after your account becomes inactive.LEGAL DISCLAIMER
Insightful Science, LLC
2365 Northside Dr.
San Diego, CA 92108